10.17.2009

Sometimes I wonder, is my life in chaos because of my surroundings? Or am I looking at life through the lense of chaos because of what life is at the moment. When I'm able to reflect on my life outside of what is going on I have 2 choices. I can be overwhelmed, or I can shake my head and chuckle at the thought of what challenges life is bringing me. I'd like to say that the latter is what I do more often. Although, the overwhelming feeling has a way of sneaking itself in when I'm least prepared.

The recession has hit myself and those around me hard, and the effects have been felt intensely over the past few months. Struggling to pay bills, attempting to think clearly about life's next steps, and wondering when relief will come is part of common conversation amongst those around me. Relationships and smaller moments become more important in maintaining who I am and who I am becoming. Belly laughs that bring me to happy tears amongst friends are what I find myself cherishing.

I find that most often the simplicity of thinking positively is most effective in making it through waht some would see as impossible times.

No comments:

Post a Comment